You Make Our House A Home
By Carol Heppner
Technique: Collage Fusion – a mixture of mediums to create lustrous collage
Crafting a piece of romantic artwork for your home can be fun and easy. Visitors to your home will marvel at the beauty of your handiwork and only you will know how simple it was to make. You can display your collage on an easel in your room or hang it on a wall in an 8 by 10-inch frame.
The Viva Decor Paisley Stencil provides a wonderful background pattern that can be used with Viva Decor Embossing Cream as easily as it does with My Paper World products. The results are spectacular.
Viva Decor Embossing Cream glides onto surfaces and provides a rich texture and dimension to your projects. There is a light shimmer in the product which produces a rich background that can only be achieved by using this product.
The Glass Effect Gel Pens create transparent beads that add an opulent feel to the collage. These pens are a fantastic way to add a touch of class to your crafting project. You have a lot of control with the size of the beads and can create the tiniest of dots to full-size beads. I loved Viva Décor’s “Stringed-Beads Technique” so much that I had to include it in this project.
- Place the stencil on the 6 by 6-inch white chipboard. Randomly apply a thin coat of amber and purple Embossing Cream over the stencil onto the chipboard. Remove the stencil and repeat this same process on the left half of the 8 by 10-inch chipboard. Let the Embossing Cream dry. Wash the stencil immediately after you finish working with it.
- Create tiny beads on the stenciled designs on both chipboards with the Glass Effect Gel Pens. Let the beads dry.
- Secure the velvet paper to the front of the black chipboard with the white craft glue. Attach the ¼ by 7-inch tan ribbon over the top of the velvet paper to hide the cut edge of the paper. Use the white glue to attach the black chipboard to the decorated 8 by 10-inch chipboard. Glue the decorated 6 by 6-inch chipboard to the upper half of the black chipboard. Use the Lila Perlen Pen to apply beads on the right side of the black velvet paper.
- Viva Decor’s Stringed-Beads Technique: Wrap a 5 by 10-inch cardboard with plastic wrap. Cut three 10-inch pieces of the nylon fishing thread and then secure the top and bottom ends to the plastic wrap with masking tape. Use the clear Glass Effect Gel Pen to create beads onto two of the nylon fishing thread pieces and then use the white Perlen Pen to create beads on the remaining nylon fishing thread piece. Let the beads dry and then remove them from the plastic wrap. You can turn the beaded string over and repeat the process on the flat side to create a rounded bead.
- Spread a thin coat of Contour Copper around the outer and inner edges of the box top and then let dry. Glue pieces of the aged book page around the outside of the box top, making sure that the Contour Copper edges remain exposed. Glue the 1 ¼ by 2 ½-inch aged book page to the inside of the box top.
- Create a “house” shape from the 2 ¼ x 3 ½-inch white scrapbook paper. Use the foam brush to apply the Moss Green, My Paper World, Paper-Soft-Color around the edge of the scrapbook paper house. Stamp the lace pattern over the scrapbook paper house. Use the Green Glass Effect Gel Pen to apply green beads onto the scrapbook paper house. Let the beads dry. Glue to house to the inside of the box top. Glue the 1 ½ by 2-inch aged book page to the center of the house. Treat the photograph with the protecting spray and then attach the photograph to the domino. Glue the domino to the center of the aged book page. Use the amber Glass Effect Gel Pen to apply beads around the aged book paper below the domino.
- Place the dimensional double-stick tape on the lower back of the box top and glue on the upper back of the box top. Secure the upper part of the box top to the embellished white chipboard and the bottom of the box top to the velvet-covered chipboard.
- Use the Contour Copper Glass Effect Gel Pen to apply copper beads around the edges of the box top. Cut a 2 ½-inch piece of the nylon fishing string beads and secure it vertically to the left side of the box top using the Contour Copper Glass Effect Gel. Cut a 1 ½-inchy piece of the nylon fishing string clear beads and secure it horizontally to the lower edge of the box top with the same Gel Pen.
- Secure one flower to the lower right corner of the box top and the second flower to the left side of the box top. Cut a six-inch piece of nylon fishing string beads and secure the ends between the two flowers.
- Create two loops with the ¼ by 8-inch tan ribbon and glue it under the flower on the left-hand side of the box top. Glue the 1 ½ by 2-inch aged book page to the right side of the chipboard tag and then the 1 by 2-inch velvet paper to the left side of the chipboard tag. Use the Blue and Lila Perlen Pens to create beads over the velvet paper and the green Glass Effect Gel Pen to create beads on the aged book page. Let the beads dry.
- Use the My Paper World, Paper-Soft-Color, Moss Green ink to stamp the butterfly image onto the 2 by 2-inch white scrapbook paper. Cut out the butterfly image and glue it onto the chipboard tag. Use the amber and green Glass Effect Gel Pens to apply beads to the butterfly.
Viva Decor Materials
Embossing Cream: Amber #901, Purple #500
Glass Effect Gel Pens: Amber, Contour Copper, Green
My Paper World, Paper-Soft-Color, Moss Green #704
Paisley Background Stencil #400600200
Perlen Pens: Blue, Crystal Clear, Lila, White
Vintage-Lace Stamps #400301800
Aged book page cut to measure: 1 ¼ x 2 ½”, 1 ½ x 2”, 2 ¼ x 3 ½”, 4 x 4”
Black Chipboard, 6 ½ x 10”
Cardboard, 5 by 10”
Chipboard tag, 1 ½ x 2 ½”
Dimensional foam tape
Gold Flowers (2)
Jewelry box top, 2 ¼ x 3 ¼”
Nylon Fishing Thread
Photograph ¾ by 1 ¾”
Photograph protecting spray
Tan ribbon, ¼ x 7”, ¼ x 8”
Velvet paper, ¾ x 2 ½”, 6 ½ by 7”
White Chipboard, 6 x 6”, 8 x 10”
White craft glue
White scrapbook paper, 2 x 2”, 2 ¼ x 3 ¼”